Top 37 Depression Quotes About Life and Sayings “People talk about physical fitness, but mental health is equally important. I see people suffering, and their families feel a sense of shame about it, which doesn’t help. One needs support and understanding. I am now working on an initiative to create awareness about anxiety and depression and help people.
Depression quotes and sayings about Depression life sayings “It’s not attractive to be talking down about yourself all the time. All you continue to do to yourself is pull yourself further down into a deeper place of depression and sadness and insecurity and fear and hopelessness, so it’s like, having God in your life is important, accepting who you are is important, regardless of what you look like.
Handpicked quotes on depression to lighten your mood. Depression quotes to overcome depression from it. It raises the serotonin levels in your body and also improves mood, makes you feel happier and more hopeful. Some days will be just as the above depression quote says: pretty miserable. But those days won’t last forever.
“What people never understand is that depression isn’t about the outside; it’s about the inside.” · Depression is more than being sad over something that happened. Depression is about a brain that tells you life is horrible and gray. Here are the best quotes about coping with depression, from those who are still hurting and those who are starting to see the light.
#1. Depression quotes to show you that things are not hopeless”
#2. Show me your soul show me the most damaged parts of your soul, and I will show you how it still shines like gold.”
#3. A big part of depression is feeling really lonely, even if you’re in a room full of a million people.”
#4. She knew she was really sad, when she stopped loving the things she loved.”
#5. There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”
#6. Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: getting out of bed.”
#7. No one is perfect that’s why pencils have erasers.”
#8. There is nothing more depressing than having it all and still feeling sad.”
#9. You will never understand the hell I feel inside my head.”
#10. Every thought is a battle, every breath is a war, and I don’t think I’m winning anymore.”
#11. 10PM, found dead. 11PM, the body goes. 12AM, the family knows. 1AM, the friends find out. 2AM, the lover shakes her head in doubt. 3AM, the world is told. 4AM, those who loved him cry, “He was meant to grow old.” 5AM, still in shock. Tick, tock, life is a clock. Time runs out when we don’t want it to stop.”
#12. At night, I can’t sleep. In the morning, I can’t wake up. Depression quotes and sayings about Depression life sayings.”
#13. Depression begins with disappointment. When disappointment festers in our soul, it leads to discouragement.”
#14. Being depressed is not because I have nothing great going on in my life. In fact, the job is dope, the pay is super. I just have those days when life seems so pointless.”
#15. There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”
#16. Others imply that they know what it is like to be depressed because they have gone through a divorce, lost a job, or broken up with someone. But these experiences carry with them feelings. Depression, instead, is flat, hollow, and unendurable. It is also tiresome. People cannot abide being around you when you are depressed. They might think that they ought to, and they might even try, but you know and they know that you are tedious beyond belief: you are irritable and paranoid and humorless and lifeless and critical and demanding and no reassurance is ever enough. You’re frightened, and you’re frightening, and you’re “not at all like yourself but will be soon,” but you know you won’t.”
#17. You aren’t a machine with broken parts. You are an animal whose needs are not being met.”
#18. Please try not to judge how someone is dealing with a pain you have never experienced.”
#19. Nobody knows the real me. Nobody knows how many times I’ve sat in my room and cried, how many times I’ve lost hope, how many times I’ve been let down. Nobody knows how many times I’ve had to hold back to tears, how many times I’ve felt like I’m about to snap but don’t just for the sake of others. Nobody know the thoughts that have gone”
#20. It is very hard to explain to people who have never known serious depression or anxiety the sheer continuous intensity of it. There is no off switch.”
#21. Nothing is more depressing than having everything and still feeling really sad.”
#22. I don’t want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself.”
#23. They ask, “How are you doing?” But what they mean is “Are you over it yet?” My lips say, “Fine, thanks”, but my eyes tell a different story, my heart sings a different tune, and my soul just weeps.”
#24. You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.”
#25. When you’re depressed you don’t control your thoughts, your thoughts control you. I wish people would understand this.”
#26. I miss me. The old me, the happy me, the bright me, the smiling me, the laughing me, the gone me.”
Depression Quotes About Life and Sayings
#27. People think depression is sadness. People think depression is crying. People think depression is dressing in black. But people are wrong. Depression is the constant feeling of being numb. Being numb to emotions, being numb to life. You wake up in the morning just to go back to bed again.”
#28. Sick of crying tired of trying, yes I’m smiling but inside I’m dying.”
#29. Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret and depression. Do not repeat them in the future.”
#30. One of the hardest parts of life is deciding whether to walk away or try harder.”
#31. Sometimes people with depression can be clingy. And usually it’s because you make them feel after feeling numb for a long time.”
#32. You say you’re ‘depressed’ – all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human.”
#33. I’m often silent when I’m screaming inside.”
#34. Depression is not only an experience in the mind; it is also an affliction of the body. There is a lack of energy, a painful heaviness; sadness and a grief that permeate to our marrow.”
#35. “I’m tired” “Go to sleep then” “No, you don’t understand.”
#36. “How are you?” fine”
#37. Behind my smile is everything you’ll never understand”
- “I am fading away, and no one is noticing”- Unknown.
- “We repeat what we don’t repair”-Unknown.
- “It is that feeling when you are not necessarily sad, but just really empty”- Unknown.
- “I wanted to talk about it. Damn it. I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell. I wanted to shout. But all I could was whisper “I’m fine.”- Unknown.
- “You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn t mean you re defective, it just means you re human.” — David Mitchell
- “In the darkest time, I have always believed, the light will shine.” – Laila Akita
- “The worst kind of sad is not being able to explain why.” -Unknown.
- “Depression is being color-blind and constantly told how colorful the world is.”-Atticus
- “Depression is like a bruise that never goes away. A bruise in your mind. You just got to be careful not to touch it where it hurts. It’s always there though.”- Jeffery Eugenides.
- “Sometimes I just think depression’s one way of coping with the world. Like, some people get drunk, some people do drugs, and some people get depressed. Because there’s so much stuff out there that you have to do something to deal with it.” — Ned Vizzini
- “Everything that drowned me taught me how to swim.”- Jenim Dibie
- “I am bent, but not broken. I am scarred, but not disfigured. I am sad, but not hopeless. I am tired, but not powerless. I am angry, but not bitter. I am depressed, but not giving up.” -Unknown
- “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” –Dan Millman
- “My forest is dark, the trees are sad, and all the butterflies have broken wings.”- Raine Cooper.
- “Keeping a lot to myself, because it is hard to find someone who understands”- Unknown.
- “In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer”- Albert Camus
- “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone.” — Dwayne Johnson
- “Stop trying to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass”.- Unknown
- “I want to take a nap. I am not tired or sleepy, I just don t want to be awake.” -Unknown.
- “My thoughts are destroying me. I try not to think, but the silence is a killer too.”- Unknown
Depression can be a lonely experience, but sometimes, just knowing that someone else knows how we’re feeling can help. So, the next time you’re looking for words to express yourself or help you feel less alone, this handy list of depression quotes will be there for you. “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone.”